Tuesday, April 21, 2009

France Trip Last Month

Last month, I can't believe it's already been a month, Mark and I were able to head back over to France. This was a totally different trip than the last two. We did not go to Paris but made our way to Bedoin, about 2 1/2 hours from the southern coast. We rented a gite, French for guest house, to a wonderful couple from the UK Sally-Anne and Christopher. It was much cheaper than a hotel and much more convenient. We rented some bikes, saw a pro cycling race The Paris-Nice, went to some local markets, visited some wineries(drank a little more wine that we are used to), saw a Roman theater, the Pope's Palace in Avignon and drove around all over the south of France....my favorite trip!!! Christoper is a writer so when Mark went out on a huge cycling climb to the top of a snow-covered mountain, I opted to stay at the gite and read one of his novels, Lonicera! It was a quick read but I really enjoyed it. We were able to sit first class on all the flights so we are now spoiled and will probably only visit int he down season because of that...I guess the kids won't get to go with us until they are 8 because that's the age that kids can sit first class on Delta!

I'm on stage at the Roman Theater...

A cute little bridge in the turnabout...

In front of the Palais de Papes..

Mark on top of Mount Ventoux...

Cycling near Flassan...

1 comments:

Littau family said...

Looks like a ton of fun. Did you guys take your bikes or rent them? I was wondering how you check in bikes on a plane? I guess if you can take golf clubs and skiis then there's probably a way to take bikes!