Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Visiting Grammy and Family

Ok, so I know that I was the only one who took pictures but because it was a new camera, I now have not been able to get them off! So, pictures will be soon to come, I promise!

Last week the kids and I managed to FINALLY get back to see Grammy Stacy, Auntie Jelli, Papa Steve, Cousin Jamie, Cousin Josh and all the cousin kids! What a great time we had! We arrived into Sacramento on Memorial Day around 10:30am. This was definitely not the first time that I have flown on my own with the twins but this is the first time I rented a car with them on my own. We made it in our little Chevy Cobalt, which I would never recommend to anyone, and settled in just nicely with some yummy steaks, fruit salad and homemade beans! Does it get any better!

We spent the next 2 days waking up leisurely, playing outside, catching up on family chat and just being. Grammy took the kids shopping for their birthday (which is 2 weeks away) and they had a blast picking out toys and clothes. I really had to limit the spoiling because we had to carry on (ahhh, the joys of non-rev travel) and we barely, barely, barely crammed it all in! Grammy also decided to throw a little birhtday party (with 3 cakes!!!) for everyone which was really sweet. I was go thankful that my cousin Josh was able to be there!

The night that Grammy took us to dinner I started noticing that our fabulously sturdy piece of garbage rental car would make a weird grinding sound right around 45 mph. So, the next day I took it down to the Redding Airport Budget counter. The guy took it out for a test spin and of course could not hear the sound "that's like when you go off the side of the highway, you know the little marks on the side of the road to wake you up". No kidding because he took it up to 60 when I clearly told him it was when you are going 45ish. Anyways, after pleading my case that I didn't want to get stuck on the side of the road alone with my kids, he decided to give me a new car...a bright blue Versa, which was actually kinda fun to drive! After that it was smooth sailing home!

While we were there Kelly had her baby girl, Chole Sarai Kron. I knew she would go into labor while we were gone! She has a full head of hair and after a frustrating birth process which ended in a c-section, both mom and baby are healthy. Chloe is a "cutie peanut" as Avery and Andon call her! Welcome to parenthood....it's a wild journey but worth it!!!

Ok, so now I will get back to getting the pics off the computer to post from our visit!

0 comments: